Monday 18 January 2016

Product - Mercury Final Double-Page Spread (and additional page)





Here is the final version of my double-page spread and additional page
I'm very happy with my finished version, now that I have made some changes: these changes came as a response to my teacher's response on my previous post. Now, I have shortened the title of my article to "Let them eat cake!" Once again this is a line from the song 'Killer Queen' by 'Queen'. I also felt this lyric was a good reference to use as it refers to Marie Antoinette and how she was represented as a powerful woman in society.
Additionally, I have also added an additional cover line before the copy of the article which says "One girl, one song, one killer journey to becoming the queen of rock!" This also similarly refers to a 'Queen' song by following the pattern of their song 'One Vision'. I believe that these changes have made my article immediately stand out without an audience even needing to refer to the copy of the article itself. I also believe that by using the one bit of yellow for the title of the article, I have kept with the aesthetic of my whole magazine.

Lastly, I have also made the addition of pull quotes: taking out sections of my copy which refer to the parts of my copy I believe to be the most significant, and represent the message of the article as a whole. 


No comments:

Post a Comment